Friday, January 18, 2013

Well that's colorful...

As I mentioned previously, I am currently reading The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl. A word to the wise - this book is not for the feint of heart, or the weak of stomach. Heh. Seriously, it has several very graphic descriptions, right from the start. If wiggly things make you squirm, you may want to take a pass. I usually read much faster than I have been, but I find myself having to set it aside occasionally and take it in small doses. I am not one who is a fan of gratuitous visuals - mostly those involving violence or gore. When I read the description, I was prepared for some level of gore. I mean, that's what Dante is all about. But Mr. Pearl chose to jump in with all these interesting tidbits within the first 5 pages, and I may not have been ready for it yet. >.<

On another note. If you are a fan of e-book readers, or considering buying one, or know anyone else who is...well you get the idea. In fact, even if you aren't, this is important information, so read it anyways! What e-reader do you suggest? I get a lot of my books as e-books, and the android generic RCA Voyager III that I use is painfully slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment