Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Best Laid Plans

Sometimes you make plans and sometimes those plans don't work out how you intend. Take my weekend for example. This weekend I went out and did Antique Alley - a 3 day bazaar / trade show and my first vendor event in like 18 months. It didn't go as well as I would have hoped. But more notably, it really threw a wrench in my posting schedule.

I typically pre-set my posts. I will make a "shell" post, with graphics and book details and then go in and add the meaty bits (typically labelled as the "My Thoughts" segments) after I am done reading the book, but before the post goes live. But this past weekend that didn't happen, and I had two posts go up missing a significant part of the post. One post was only an image.

Oops.

When I got to the market location on Thursday night, I discovered that I had no internet signal where I was, so I was unable to upload the information I had for Friday's review of The Lawrence Browne Affair. Later, when I got somewhere with wi-fi and dug out my laptop to do so, a surge from the power strip I plugged it into fried something. So I am now down a laptop. One that also had my Monday review of Once Upon Stilettos on it. Which meant that the post for that went up blank as well.

I got back home late Monday and had to re-write both of those entries. So the good news is that they are now corrected. The bad news is that I am still down a laptop that I probably can't afford to fix any time soon, and that there were other pending reviews on it that I now have to re-write.

R.I.P Laptop by TheEditorMLP on DeviantArt

Which is why there was no review today. I shuffled my last few scheduled posts for the month so that I have time to correct them. So review posting should resume as normal on Friday.

If you visited hoping to read my Friday or Monday post, please check them again. They are now properly posted. I would love to discuss these books and hear your opinions in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment