Friday, August 20, 2021

There and Back Again

OMG, I finally finished The Hobbit! After I started reading it in 2012, I set it aside to not spoil the next movie, then I lost the book. A while later I found the audiobook for sale at the Friends of the Library shop so I decided to listen to the audiobook instead. It made for good road trip fodder on the long drives between Houston and Waco that I did every month. I got through six tapes that way, only to discover that the seventh tape was damaged and unplayable. I pretty much gave up trying to finish the book at this point. But then a couple of weeks ago I found a matching copy of the audiobook and decided to try again. It had been so long since I listened last (in 2018) so I started from the beginning, and 12.5 hours later I finally know how the story ends! 




 

For a great spot o f irony, my son just got his school supplies from K12 and this year they are reading The Hobbit in English class! So yay? Not only am I in a better position to answer questions for him, but he has access to the audiobook to listen along if he needs to. The universe is funny sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment