Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Reading Selections and Tea Party Madness!

Okay, so I didn't get near as far with my April list as I expected to. I don't think I was too ambitious - I normally read more than I did last month. However, I did forget to take into account the other projects I had to work on before this summer hits. Because of this, some of my April list got bumped to May.


So now, this is what my May reading list looks like:

Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet
Magyk by Angie Sage
The Ale Boy's Feast by Jeffery Overstreet
Rumpelstiltskin vs. Miller by Michael H. Brandt
The Light Inside the Dark by John Tarrant
 
In recognition of Beltane, I set aside Auralia and read The Goddess is in the Details by Deborah Blake, but have been so busy I haven't had a chance to finish the review, so that should be up tonight.


I know, what could be more interesting than reading and writing? The answer is: nothing! But - there are things that can be equally as interesting! One of the other hobbies I participate in is a phenomenon called cosplay. This is where people dress up in costumes of their favorite characters from Japanese cartoons and video games. I love sewing, so I enjoy costuming events. In fact, I help out with and run cosplay events at anime conventions, and I run a cosplay group.

This past weekend my cosplay group hosted a lolita fashion themed tea party and luncheon. Which was awesome, because not only did I get to dress up, but I also got to cook, which is another love of mine!

My delicious contribution - Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Scones, and Onigiri


After staying up all night preparing food and modifying my dress, it was off to the park. We met at Hermann Park in Houston, which is always beautiful, and the nice weather made it even better. Unfortunately, there was some kind of fund raising benefit going on, so it was more crowded than we expected. That didn't keep us from having a great time.

Me and two friends at the beginning of the day

The tea party was a success. We all made new friends and got some great photos. The group is already eager for the next one to be scheduled. This is how it often is for me. So, chances are if I go a few days without posting, it means I am sewing and preparing for an event, like a faire or a con.

No comments:

Post a Comment